Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Difference on last day!!!




It’s been more than 30 years and I have seen so many things changing. From offices to technology to policies to bosses.
I still remember the 1st day in my office. I left my house with blessings from my parents. I was very excited, had this feeling that I will change a lot of things, I promised myself that I will be an asset for the company, I will be a good team member, I will help others to the best of my ability.

Did I really do all this?

My heart tells me NO!!!

Mind: God, what did I do in last 30 years?

Heart: You did your job, that’s it. But you didn’t do what you wanted to do.

Mind: You are so right. I did what others told me and not what I wanted to do.

Heart: It’s very late now and nothing can change, as time has passed away. But you can atleast try a small thing which will make you feel good and not guilty.

Mind: What’s that? Tell me fast.

Heart: As you have one last day in office, live your life like there is no tomorrow.

Mind: As in?

Heart: Do things which you promised yourself on the very 1st day. Try to make a difference in someone’s life.

Mind: That sounds good!!! How do I start?

Heart: Make a list of things that you always had it in your mind but it never came out. Let them come out. Even if it’s a funny thing, let it come out.

Mind: I want to say sorry to one of my ex colleague whom I had betrayed in one deal.

Heart: Call him.

Mind: I don’t have guts to say sorry.

Heart: You don’t require guts to say sorry. You just need that thought.

Mind: Ok. Let me call him.

Hello, can I talk to Jerry?

Jerry: It’s me, who is this?

Jerry, I don’t want to tell you my name. I just called up to say sorry.

Jerry: If you don’t wish to tell your name it’s ok, but you are sorry for what?
We both were working on a deal and I ditched you for a deal. I want to apologize for that.

Jerry: Hey, I don’t even remember any such deal. But if you are sorry for it, it’s ok. Your apology accepted. I wish you all the best.

Thank you so much!!!!!

Heart: How do u feel?

Mind: Little relaxed.

Heart: Now what?

Mind: I never appreciated my subordinates for their support.

Heart: What are you waiting for?

Mail: To my team, I would like to see you all in my cell.

Team members: It’s his last day and he still has some work. Anyways, let’s go check what it is.
As you guys today is my last day and from tomorrow onwards you will have a new senior. I want to say something which I never said it to you all.

Team members: What it is?

Thank You!!!!

Team members: Sir as it’s your last day so even we will not hide anything from you. We never showed respect to you, because we never got it from you. Today with this kind of respect we all would like to forget things which happened and wish you all the best.

Thank You!!!

Mind: That wasn’t easy, but I did it.

Heart: That was courageous. Good job.

Mind: I am at peace now. Atleast I did something good.

Heart: Would you mind if you do one more thing?

Mind: Ofcourse not. What it is?

Heart: There is a new joinee in the company, just like you were. Even he has dreams like you.

Mind: I got it….

Excuse me; I believe you’re a new joinee.

New Joinee: Yes sir, I am.

If you have some time I would like to talk to you.

New Joinee: sure sir. Tell me what it is?

I believe you have recently finished you college. Son, when I started working I had the zeal of doing something which I would love, but unfortunately I couldn’t.
Never give up your dream. Keep the fire burning inside you. Make a positive impact on others life.

New Joinee: Thank you!! For the motivation Sir.

Heart: Now you are at peace.

Heart: Do small things which can make others happy which will in return make you happy.

CEO: Excuse me; the company doesn’t pay you to sleep in office. Get up son; get your ass to work. You have go on field; your target is yet not completed.

Heart & Mind: What the F….K!!!!!




4 comments:

Ease comes with difficulty

Recently I attained a webinar on the topic "Beautiful Patience" which was conducted by Dawood Vaid [ @dawoodburooj ] of Burooj E...